Accumulo, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Accumulo Bylaw fixes

+
Sean Busbey 2014-03-11, 20:21
+
Billie Rinaldi 2014-03-12, 14:51
+
Mike Drob 2014-03-12, 16:10
+
Christopher 2014-03-12, 16:15
+
Sean Busbey 2014-03-12, 16:21
+
dlmarion@... 2014-03-12, 22:55
+
Josh Elser 2014-03-12, 22:58
+
Josh Elser 2014-03-12, 18:18
+
Mike Drob 2014-03-12, 18:24
+
Bill Havanki 2014-03-12, 19:21
+
Bill Havanki 2014-03-12, 15:54
Re: [DISCUSS] Accumulo Bylaw fixes
Billie Rinaldi 2014-03-12, 16:48
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Bill Havanki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

I think it makes sense to separate the technical aspects and requirements
of a release from a list of suggestions for the release manager (and the
community) about how to get things done when leading up to a release (X can
happen, and Y are some possible ways of dealing with it).  Maybe the things
I listed don't all fit in the latter category.

Based on Mike's and Bill's discussions, I am +1 for requiring a release
manager and plan.  I think having a release plan template is a very good
idea, and I like Mike's suggested addition of "A release plan consists of
..." to the bylaws.  We're probably going to need a "release manager
responsibilities" section at some point, but maybe not in the first draft.

Here's a question: should the release plan contain a list of major features
intended for the release?  Should the release manager have sole
responsibility for determining whether a major feature makes it into the
release if the feature isn't quite ready, or should it require a vote?

+
Bill Havanki 2014-03-12, 17:18
+
Josh Elser 2014-03-12, 17:39