Accumulo, mail # dev - Re: [DISCUSS] Accumulo Bylaw fixes - 2014-03-12, 16:48

Re: [DISCUSS] Accumulo Bylaw fixes
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Bill Havanki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

I think it makes sense to separate the technical aspects and requirements
of a release from a list of suggestions for the release manager (and the
community) about how to get things done when leading up to a release (X can
happen, and Y are some possible ways of dealing with it).  Maybe the things
I listed don't all fit in the latter category.

Based on Mike's and Bill's discussions, I am +1 for requiring a release
manager and plan.  I think having a release plan template is a very good
idea, and I like Mike's suggested addition of "A release plan consists of
..." to the bylaws.  We're probably going to need a "release manager
responsibilities" section at some point, but maybe not in the first draft.

Here's a question: should the release plan contain a list of major features
intended for the release?  Should the release manager have sole
responsibility for determining whether a major feature makes it into the
release if the feature isn't quite ready, or should it require a vote?