Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Heads up, commits don't show up in Jira as comments anymore

Re: Heads up, commits don't show up in Jira as comments anymore
Thanks for the notice Sean. I forgot to mention this.

One side-effect of this is that jira-bot has been added as a contributor to
our project, but has not been added as a contributor to all projects, so if
you mention some other project in a commit (such as THRIFT-1805), jira-bot
will not log work on that other project's issue, whereas previously it
would comment on their issue. For instance, all those comments on the
HADOOP-1 JIRA wouldn't have happened when we mentioned the hadoop-1 build
profile in our commits. We may want to discuss with INFRA how best to deal
with cross-project commenting/logging work, especially if other projects
start adding jira-bot to their projects as well, but that's the state of
things now.

Another side-effect is that (somebody else please confirm) it looks like
the notifications@ list no longer gets spammed with jira comments for
commits (which is good, since we already have a commits@ list for people
wishing to follow those details). If you want to track work logged on an
issue, you can still watch and subscribe to additional notifications
directly within JIRA, but the mailing list shouldn't be getting any more
duplicate spam on commits (I hope).
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii