Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Row level visibility

+
Nehal Mehta 2014-01-27, 00:52
Re: Row level visibility
I think there may be two things which would satisfy your request.

1. For tables, there are both READ and WRITE ACLs used to determine read
and write access. If a user does not have read permission, they will be
unable to get any data (with READ permissions, it will then fall back to
the authorizations). Similarly, if a user lacks the WRITE permission, they
can't do any inserts.

2. For a user with WRITE permission, there is a constraint which can be
applied to a table which only allows them to write data with a label they
have permission to read. This would effectively allow cell level write
control, in addition to read control.

Hopefully that provides some insight.
On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Nehal Mehta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is accumulo considering row level visibility for read and write (updates).
> Basically in one of our application we want user to insert rows with
> different visibility options for updating that row vs reading that row. We
> want one role to be restricted to just read that row but another special
> role to update as well as read that row.
>
> By having read and update visibility accumulo can expose more rows as there
> is no fear of them being updated.
>
> I am relatively new user of accumulo and if this is already discussed in
> past, can anyone guide me to that discussion?
>
> Thanks,
> Nehal

+
Nehal Mehta 2014-01-27, 03:56