Accumulo, mail # dev - Row level visibility

Re: Row level visibility
John Vines 2014-01-27, 03:00
I think there may be two things which would satisfy your request.

1. For tables, there are both READ and WRITE ACLs used to determine read
and write access. If a user does not have read permission, they will be
unable to get any data (with READ permissions, it will then fall back to
the authorizations). Similarly, if a user lacks the WRITE permission, they
can't do any inserts.

2. For a user with WRITE permission, there is a constraint which can be
applied to a table which only allows them to write data with a label they
have permission to read. This would effectively allow cell level write
control, in addition to read control.

Hopefully that provides some insight.