Accumulo, mail # dev - Writing data from iterators

Re: Writing data from iterators
dlmarion@... 2014-04-29, 14:25
One reason that I can think of is that there is not a close() method on the iterator interface. If you had resources open, you won't know when to clean them up.

From: "Donald Miner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:20:40 AM
Subject: Writing data from iterators

Bit of a tangent... This came up earlier in the text indexing thread and
below, and is something I've seen come up a couple of other times.

What would it take to make it so something tabletserver-side could write to
accumulo (in an "acceptable way")? Either be it an iterator/constraint or
something new.

-d