Accumulo, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Accumulo wiki

Re: [DISCUSS] Accumulo wiki
dlmarion@... 2014-04-23, 14:55
Why would we "go under" the Hadoop wiki?
From: "Bill Havanki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Accumulo Dev List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:47:40 AM
Subject: [DISCUSS] Accumulo wiki

There has been talk about establishing some wiki space for the Accumulo
project. ASF offers two wiki platforms: MoinMoin at wiki.apache.org and
Confluence at cwiki.apache.org. Each has pros and cons, and if we establish
a wiki we should just pick one.

I believe the MoinMoin site is more prevalent ASF-wide, and there is
already a Hadoop wiki [1] established which we would go under. We can
request members of its AdminGroup [not viewable] to add us to the
ContributorsGroup [2], and then we would be able to author content. (We can
ask infra as well.)

The Confluence site offers some extra features like commenting and perhaps
looks nicer (certainly subjective). There is a page [3] touching on some
differences. To get started there, we would request a "space" from infra.

Related projects on MoinMoin: Hadoop, HBase
Related projects on Confluence: Hive, Pig, ZooKeeper (all having migrated
from MoinMoin)

So, questions to be answered:

1) Shall we establish a wiki? (I can call a vote if needed.)
2) Which platform?
3) Who is interested in edit rights?

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/
[2] https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ContributorsGroup