Accumulo, mail # dev - Rack and Datacenter Awareness

Re: Rack and Datacenter Awareness
Christopher 2014-01-24, 23:22
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 5:25 AM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
> I suspect that anyone working across sites is going to have to run ZK &
> Accumulo on each, and treat operations that span sites as separate queries
> where the results need to be merged in -something that would need to go
> into the query engines, though for now you could build a workflow that did
> an MR on each site, then an final reduce on one of the sites
[snip]

I suspect that type of multi-DC architecture is probably where
Accumulo would fit best. I'd be interested to see if the community
finds that sort of architecture worth pursuing, and what kind of tools
might come out of it.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii