Accumulo >> mail # dev >> AccumuloInputFormat getters

Re: AccumuloInputFormat getters
Well, you can subclass to introspect. And, if you feel the API can be
improved by offering stronger getter/setter support with the stability
guarantees that we care about for public API, go ahead. (It probably
wouldn't change much anyway, since we now treat protected as public API,
too, I think). I won't object to the improvements... just explaining why
it's like that. My concern if you were to do this would be whether this
would actually add too much bloat or not to consumers of the API who don't
need to subclass, and the lack of 1-to-1 in many cases... but if you can
address those things sufficiently, I wouldn't object.
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii