Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Re: [DISCUSS] Thrift 0.9.1 in Accumulo 1.6.1

Re: [DISCUSS] Thrift 0.9.1 in Accumulo 1.6.1
Yes. They are 100% forward/backwards compatible on the wire.

However, it is my understanding that there were some minor additions
(new API) to 0.9.1 which won't work in 0.9.0... but that won't affect
us since we are not using those features (and wouldn't be adding
anything that leverages those features in any bugfixes on 1.6.x), and
because we provide the jar.

Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii