Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Accumulo Bylaws - Bylaw Change Changes

Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Bylaws - Bylaw Change Changes
+1

From: "John Vines" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Accumulo Dev List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 4, 2014 11:21:11 AM
Subject: [VOTE] Accumulo Bylaws - Bylaw Change Changes

This is a proposal to change the Bylaw Change action in the bylaws from
Majority Approval to Consensus Approval. This is being requested because
Bylaw changes are a major change to the project and all discussion should
be able to be had without a borderline majority being able to force things
through.

Specifically, it is the following line which shall be changed
Modifying BylawsModifying this document.Majority approvalActive PMC members7

Modifying BylawsModifying this document.Consensus approvalActive PMC members
7

The current bylaws are visible at

http://accumulo.apache.org/bylaws.html

This vote will be open for 7 days, until 11 April 2014, 15:20 UTC.

Upon successful completion of this vote, the first line of the document body
will be replaced with "This is version 2 of the bylaws," ( or "This is
version 3 of the bylaws," if the vote to change Code Changes passes) and
the aforementioned line will be changed from Majority Approval to Consensus
Approval.

This vote requires majority approval to pass: at least 3 +1 votes and more
+1
than -1's.

[ ] +1 - "I approve of these proposed bylaw changes and accept them for
the Apache Accumulo project."
[ ] +0 - "I neither approve nor disapprove of these proposed bylaw changes,
but accept them for the Apache Accumulo project."
[ ] -1 - "I do not approve of these proposed bylaw changes and do not
accept them for the Apache Accumulo project because..."

Thank you.