Accumulo, mail # dev - Re: Beyond 1.6 - 2014-04-29, 19:12

Re: Beyond 1.6
On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

+1 for making the next major version 2.0.0, regardless of anything
else that comes out of this discussion. More specifically, I'm +1 with
targeting fixes for a 2.0.0 release which drops Hadoop 1 support, has
a new client API, has a minimum JDK of 1.7, at least. I'm also okay
with planning a 1.7.0 release with minor improvements over 1.6.0 (such
as ACCUMULO-1691), which are wire-incompatible with 1.6.0, but
represent a smaller changeset than 2.0.0, and a larger chanset than
1.6.0 bugfixes.
+1 for these general guidelines.
I think what would largely drive this decision is the impact on
testing/release that the non-breaking feature would have.
+1
+1 for reduced testing burden for bugfixes, and for these general cycles.