Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Reduced testing burden for bug-fix releases

Re: Reduced testing burden for bug-fix releases
I don't know Josh's concerns, but the concern for me is both resources and
time. No matter how much resources we have, it is still not infinite, and
I'd rather we focus our testing efforts on the changeset between the
previous release and the minor/bugfix release, rather than spend resources
and time on all the exhaustive general testing, which mostly exercises code
that has not changed.

For instance, do we really need 72-hours of continuous ingest on a large
cluster to release a bugfix which affects the shell?
If the long running tests are what is necessary to exercise the changeset,
that makes sense, but otherwise, no.

Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 3:20 PM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>