Accumulo, mail # user - Installing Accumulo via deb file - 2014-05-12, 15:36

Installing Accumulo via deb file
Is there a document discussing how to install Accumulo via deb file?

I'm fairly ignorant of package installation. Mostly I install from source.
But today I downloaded accumulo-1.5.1-bin.deb to upgrade a v1.5.0
installation.

I ran into an issue that hadoop and zookeeper were not installed via
packages. Can 'install from source' and 'install from deb' work together?

vagrant@affy-slave1:~$ sudo dpkg -i /vagrant/accumulo-1.5.1-bin.deb
Selecting previously unselected package accumulo.
(Reading database ... 55680 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking accumulo (from .../vagrant/accumulo-1.5.1-bin.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of accumulo:
 accumulo depends on hadoop; however:
  Package hadoop is not installed.
 accumulo depends on zookeeper; however:
  Package zookeeper is not installed.
dpkg: error processing accumulo (--install):
 accumulo