Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Accumulo Bylaws - Action changes

[VOTE] Accumulo Bylaws - Action changes
This is a proposal to strike the code change action from the bylaws. This
is being requested because there is substantial ambiguity about the
standards being declared / whether this should be part of our bylaws and,
until these are clarified, should be removed.

Specifically, it is the following line which shall be removed

Code Change A change made to a codebase of the project. This includes
source code, documentation, website content, etc.Lazy approval, moving to
consensus approval upon vetoActive committers1
The current bylaws are visibile at

http://accumulo.apache.org/bylaws.html

This vote will be open for 7 days, until 11 April 2014, 15:10 UTC.

Upon successful completion of this vote, the first line of the document body
will be replaced with "This is version 2 of the bylaws," and the
aforementioned line will be removed.

This vote requires majority approval to pass: at least 3 +1 votes and more
+1
than -1's.

[ ] +1 - "I approve of these proposed bylaw changes and accept them
for the Apache
Accumulo project."
[ ] +0 - "I neither approve nor disapprove of these proposed bylaw changes,
but accept them for the Apache Accumulo project."
[ ] -1 - "I do not approve of these proposed bylaw changes and do not
accept them for the Apache Accumulo project because..."

Thank you.