Accumulo, mail # user - scanner question in regards to columns loaded - 2014-01-25, 03:23

scanner question in regards to columns loaded
If I have a row that as the key is a particular term and a set of columns
that stores the documents that the term appears in if I load the row is the
contents of all of the columns also loaded?  Is there a way to page over
the columns such that only N columns are in memory at any point?  In this
particular case the documents are all in a particular column family (say
docs) and the column qualifier is created dynamically, for arguments sake
we can say they are UUIDs.