Accumulo >> mail # dev >> SQL layer over Accumulo?

+
James Taylor 2014-04-29, 05:32
+
Mike Drob 2014-04-29, 11:49
+
Donald Miner 2014-04-29, 12:05
+
David Medinets 2014-04-29, 12:32
+
Kepner, Jeremy - 0553 - .... 2014-04-29, 13:22
Re: SQL layer over Accumulo?
I have taken a quick look at phoenix.  It's baked into HBase-specific
features pretty hard.

It uses coprocessors to do things like create index entries.  This is a
common enough idiom in the HBase community, but not something we've
supported in Accumulo.  In general, you do not want an accumulo Iterator or
Constraint generating data for other tables.

However, a more sophisticated Percolator type implementation (
https://github.com/keith-turner/Accismus) could support index generation
and query transactions.

We could probably re-use a lot of it, but it's not going to be as simple as
changing the classes that talk to the database back-end.

-Eric
On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 9:21 AM, Kepner, Jeremy - 0553 - MITLL <