Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Are governance pages part of the bylaws?

[DISCUSS] Are governance pages part of the bylaws?
We have the following pages in the governance section of our website:

http://accumulo.apache.org/governance/voting.html
http://accumulo.apache.org/governance/consensusBuilding.html
http://accumulo.apache.org/governance/lazyConsensus.html
http://accumulo.apache.org/governance/releasing.html

In my opinion, the first three (covering mechanics of voting, consensus
building, and lazy consensus) are more like definitions / how-to guides for
their respective topics, rather than being policy rules specifically
adopted by the Accumulo project.  For this reason, I don't think
modifications to these pages should be treated the same way as bylaws
changes.  They can be treated as code change actions, as we handle the rest
of the website.

The release guidelines are different, however.  We should decide whether
they are effectively part of our bylaws and can only be changed with a
bylaws change action; or whether they are more like the rest of our
documentation and code, meaning they can be modified with a code change
action.