Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] MiniAccumuloCluster goals and approach

+
Sean Busbey 2014-03-26, 07:11
+
Josh Elser 2014-03-26, 15:39
+
Sean Busbey 2014-03-26, 15:55
+
Keith Turner 2014-03-26, 16:18
+
Sean Busbey 2014-03-26, 16:45
+
Keith Turner 2014-03-26, 17:47
+
Keith Turner 2014-03-26, 16:06
+
William Slacum 2014-03-26, 17:11
+
William Slacum 2014-03-26, 17:42
+
Josh Elser 2014-03-26, 16:13
+
Sean Busbey 2014-03-26, 16:19
+
Keith Turner 2014-03-26, 16:23
+
Josh Elser 2014-03-26, 16:27
+
Sean Busbey 2014-03-26, 16:32
+
Keith Turner 2014-03-26, 16:34
+
Josh Elser 2014-03-26, 16:47
+
Sean Busbey 2014-03-26, 16:54
+
Keith Turner 2014-03-26, 17:58
+
Josh Elser 2014-03-26, 18:06
+
John Vines 2014-03-26, 18:18
+
Keith Turner 2014-03-26, 18:14
+
Josh Elser 2014-03-26, 18:26
+
Keith Turner 2014-03-26, 18:57
+
Josh Elser 2014-03-26, 20:21
+
Josh Elser 2014-03-26, 22:38
+
Josh Elser 2014-03-27, 23:49
+
Sean Busbey 2014-03-28, 04:40
+
Bill Havanki 2014-03-28, 13:27
Re: [DISCUSS] MiniAccumuloCluster goals and approach
Oh, I like that idea, Bill & Sean.

Package: org.apache.accumulo.cluster
Public API: org.apache.accumulo.cluster.AccumuloCluster
MAC: org.apache.accumulo.cluster.mini.MiniAccumuloCluster (implements
AccumuloCluster, allows for backwards compat)
Yarn: org.apache.accumulo.cluster.yarn
Docker: ...
Mesos: ...

etc etc etc.

One question in my mind, do we keep the maven module
'accumulo-minicluster'? I would imagine that if we struck the 'mini'
portion from 1.6 that would create some confusion. Would it be worth the
indirection to rename accumulo-minicluster to accumulo-cluster and then
create a new accumulo-minicluster module that depends on
accumulo-minicluster (but contains no code itself) to preserve the 1.4
and 1.5 poms to generally work with a version bump? I'm not sure if
Maven would be happy with that or do what I think it "should".