Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] packaging our dependencies

Re: [DISCUSS] packaging our dependencies
Packaging other jars that had been made available at runtime by virtue of their existence in the Hadoop directories.
I'm only talking about dependencies that were/are provided by Hadoop.
But since you brought up ZooKeeper, my understanding is that ZK intends for dependent projects to only rely on the ZK jar that is in the top level of the tarball. If you need other jars, you should package those yourself. WARNING: my info about ZK may be out of date as it's been a long time since I spoke to the project about how they intend services that rely on it to be consumed.