Accumulo >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] end of life plan for 1.4 branch

Re: [VOTE] end of life plan for 1.4 branch
Removing a tag will not necessarily remove it from mirrors, but it
depends on how it is being mirrored. A git remote prune, for instance,
will not remove tags.

Further, if removing a tag can be done as a "code change", which
requires consensus (lazy, but still consensus), not majority, then
creating the tag should also be considered under those same terms,
right? Clearly, creating this tag does not have consensus.

At the risk of flip-flopping, I'm going to have keep a -1 vote for
this release plan if it includes the creation of this confusing tag
name. I really think just dropping the branch is sufficient.

Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii