Accumulo >> mail # user >> Re: [DISCUSS] Should we support upgrading 1.4 -> 1.6 w/o going through 1.5?

Re: [DISCUSS] Should we support upgrading 1.4 -> 1.6 w/o going through 1.5?
My main concern would be the risk of destabilizing 1.6.x by reintroducing
upgrade code to support upgrading from both 1.4.x and 1.5.x. So long as
that risk is mitigated by making the changeset minimal and thorough
review/testing, I see no issue with providing a direct upgrade path from
1.4.x/1.5.x -> 1.6.1. I wouldn't want to make it a precedent, though. It's
hard enough supporting upgrades from one prior version.
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii