MapReduce, mail # dev - Fault injection framework for testing

Re: Fault injection framework for testing
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-16, 04:32
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 01:18PM, Tsuyoshi OZAWA wrote:
> Thanks for your comment.
> Your comment is helpful for me.
>
> I'd like to go with 2nd approach - MOP with Groovy. In that case, how
> can I add test code to the trunk?

You go with a additional patch for the test and the test-time dependencies
added.

> Is it acceptable for Hadoop project to add test code written in groovy?

Groovy is a Java+ Having Groovy tests won't require any massive build up of
the infrastructure - just an extra jar file, that will be visible in the test
scope only. While there are might different opinions in the community, as
f course, I don't see any real issues with that approach.

Cos