HBase, mail # user - FuzzyRowFilter with ColumnRangeFilter

FuzzyRowFilter with ColumnRangeFilter
Premal Shah 2013-07-25, 06:13
Hi,
I was playing around with using FuzzyRowFilter for my use case which looks
like this

rk - 18 bytes (2 bytes + 8 bytes + 8 bytes)
bytes 2-9 are fuzzy
the fuzzy mask looks like this (0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0,
0, 0, 0 ,0)
the start and stop key control the scan range

Running a scanner with just the FuzzyRowFilter works fine. However, I need
to limit the columns returned. So I have a ColumnRangeFilter too. Both the
filters are wrapped in a FilterList

The combination of both, returns no rows from hbase with MUST_PASS_ALL set.
Hbase seems to be aborting when the row does not match Fuzzy
If MUST_PASS_ONE is set, then it returns the columns from the rows that
don't pass Fuzzy.

How do you go about using the FilterList with both filters and return the
required rows only?

--
Regards,
Premal Shah.