Flume, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Flume 1.4 release plan

[DISCUSS] Flume 1.4 release plan
Mike Percy 2013-05-22, 07:33
Hi folks,
We have had over 100 commits since 1.3.1, and a bunch of new features and
improvements including a Thrift source, much improved ElasticSearch sink,
support for a new plugins directory and layout, compression support in the
avro sink/source, improved checkpointing in the file channel and more, plus
a lot of bug fixes.

It seems to me that it's time to start thinking about cutting a 1.4
release. I would be happy to volunteer to RM the release. Worth noting that
I will be unavailable for the next two weeks... but after that I'd be happy
to pick this up and run with it. That's also a decent amount of time for
people  to get moving on patches and reviews for their favorite features,
bug fixes, etc.

If this all sounds OK, I'd like to suggest targeting the last week of June
as a release date. If we can release in time for Hadoop Summit then that
would be pretty nice. Otherwise, if something comes up and we can't get the
release out that week, let's shoot for the first week of July at the latest.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Mike
+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-05-22, 07:45
+
Arvind Prabhakar 2013-05-22, 08:02
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-05-22, 08:09
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-05-22, 09:02
+
Ralph Goers 2013-05-26, 14:58
+
Mike Percy 2013-05-28, 13:47