Drill, mail # dev - Wiki pages clean-up

+
Harri Kinnunen 2013-09-17, 00:05
+
Ted Dunning 2013-09-17, 00:27
+
Jacques Nadeau 2013-09-18, 17:11
Re: Wiki pages clean-up
Harri Kinnunen 2013-09-20, 08:21
All,

I've put the pruned wiki pages into production:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Apache+Drill+Wiki

The rationale was to split the on content on "use case basis" (i.e. 'install', 'use', 'compile', 'contribute', ...) and eliminate the duplicate (and sometimes conflicting) content.

Couple of items:
1) Credit where it's due: Snatched parts of the "Installing Binaries" from Ben's github page.
2) Overrode Yash's changes in the wiki homepage. (Sorry...)
3) I'm having trouble compiling on Eclipse based on the instructions in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Sources+and+Setting+Up+Development+Environment .. Left it like that anyways as it could just be me and my setup. I'll test a bit further and get back to this one.

Cheers,
-Harri
On 18.9.2013, at 20.11, Jacques Nadeau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Much better, I think you should make it the new home.

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Harri Kinnunen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the currently the wiki pages contain lots of overlapping (and sometimes
>> conflicting) items. Mostly this is on the "getting the source" and
>> "building it" areas. Some of the top-level items ("Use Cases", for example)
>> point to empty pages.
>>
>> I did some cleaning up on the one, but didn't quite finish it yet.
>>
>> A draft version:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Copy+of+Apache+Drill+Wiki
>>
>> Still to do:
>> 1) Grab the "Sample queries" from the current Demo How-to and/or Ben's
>> work on the github.
>> 2) Figure out how to make the eclipse build work and document it in
>> "Setting up the dev env."
>>

>> Comments? Wrong direction/right direction?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -Harri

+
Yash Sharma 2013-09-20, 10:22