Accumulo, mail # user - Satisfying Zookeper dependency when installing Accumulo in CentOS

Satisfying Zookeper dependency when installing Accumulo in CentOS
Kevin Pauli 2012-12-19, 22:03
I'm trying to install Accumulo in CentOS.  I have installed the jdk and
hadoop, but can't seem to make Accumulo install happy wrt zookeeper.

I installed Zookeper according to the instructions here:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.5/zookeeperStarted.html#sc_InstallingSingleMode

And Zookeeper is running:

$ sudo bin/zkServer.sh start
JMX enabled by default
Using config: /usr/lib/zookeeper-3.4.5/bin/../conf/zoo.cfg
Starting zookeeper ... STARTED

But when trying to install Accumulo, this is what I get:

$ sudo rpm -ivh Downloads/accumulo-1.4.2-1.amd64.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
zookeeper is needed by accumulo-1.4.2-1.amd64

--
Regards,
Kevin Pauli