HBase >> mail # dev >> Metrics in 0.96

Re: Metrics in 0.96
Hi Enis,

Hecks yeah, there are so many different prefixes alone that make finding what you need nearly impossible without practice. I agree on the configurable metrics backend, that will allow to enable what is needed optionally. We just have to find a good approach. One of the things that FB has learned the "hard" way is that some metrics at scale are not sustainable. We could, even think about building in some reasonable heuristics to disable some high throughput metrics when a threshold is crossed.

Lars