Hive, mail # dev - How long will we support Hadoop 0.20.2?

Re: How long will we support Hadoop 0.20.2?
Edward Capriolo 2013-09-19, 22:11
"+1 to dropping Hadoop 0.20.2 support in Hive 0.13, which given that Hive
0.12 has just branched means it isn't likely that Hive 0.13 will come out
in the next 6 months."

LOL

-1. I was not suggesting we drop 0.20.2 support now, so the next hive
version 0.13 won't have it. That would essentially mean we are dropping it
now.

I was suggesting dropping the 0.20.2 support in 6 months, so whatever
version STARTED won't have it.