HBase >> mail # user >> Enabling compression

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-07-24, 20:28
+
Rob Roland 2012-07-24, 20:31
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-07-24, 20:34
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-07-24, 20:37
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-07-24, 20:39
+
Dhaval Shah 2012-07-24, 21:04
Re: Enabling compression
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Dhaval Shah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I bet that your compression libraries are not available to HBase.. Run the
> compression test utility and see if it can find LZO
>
> That seems to be the case for SNAPPY. However, I do have snappy installed
and it works with hadoop just fine and HBase is running on the same
cluster. Is there something special I need to do for HBase?

> Regards,
> Dhaval

+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-07-24, 20:31