MapReduce, mail # user - Improving MR job disk IO

+
Xuri Nagarin 2013-10-10, 18:05
+
Pradeep Gollakota 2013-10-10, 18:15
+
Xuri Nagarin 2013-10-10, 19:29
+
Pradeep Gollakota 2013-10-10, 20:27
+
Xuri Nagarin 2013-10-10, 20:50
+
DSuiter RDX 2013-10-11, 11:48
+
Xuri Nagarin 2013-10-15, 03:02
Re: Improving MR job disk IO
Lance Norskog 2013-10-15, 03:17
There are a few reasons to use map/reduce, or just map-only or
reduce-only jobs.
1) You want to do parallel algorithms where data from multiple machines
have to be cross-checked. Map/Reduce allows this.
2) You want to run several instances of a job. Hadoop does this reliably
by monitoring all instances, restarting failed ones, etc.
3) You have way too much data to fit on one computer. Same as #2.

You might not need Hadoop if you can run your programs without it.

Lance

+
Xuri Nagarin 2013-10-15, 03:50