HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: using test.org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.InMemoryNativeFileSystemStore class in hadoop

Re: using test.org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3native.InMemoryNativeFileSystemStore class in hadoop
These test classes are used for unit testing.
You can run these cases to test particular function of a class.
But when we run these test case, we need some additional classes and
functions to simulate some underlying function which were called by these
test cases.

InMemoryNativeFileSystemStore is a function used to support for
testing NativeS3FileSystem.
When you run TestInMemoryNativeS3FileSystemContract which is the unit test
of S3 native filesystem, you will call the function of

2013/3/18 Agarwal, Nikhil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>  Hi All,****
>
> ** **
>
> I am pretty new to Hadoop. I noticed that there are many test classes in
> hadoop source code under the packages test. org.apache.hadoop. Can anyone
> explain me or provide some pointers to understand what is the purpose of
> this and how to use them. In particular I wanted to use
> InMemoryNativeFileSystemStore and see how it works.   ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> The comments in this class say “A stub implementation of {@link
> NativeFileSystemStore} for testing NativeS3FileSystem without actually
> connecting to S3.” But I do not understand exactly what does it mean and
> how to use it.****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.****