Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Client host selection?

+
Owen Kim 2013-05-02, 00:26
+
Benjamin Reed 2013-05-02, 00:40
+
Michi Mutsuzaki 2013-05-02, 00:48
+
Owen Kim 2013-05-02, 01:05
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-05-02, 01:22
Re: Client host selection?
So, what I've been doing is using haproxy to set the local nodes as
primary. Though, this created a problem with Cassandra when I did the same
because it obfuscated application errors and created failover problems that
the client would normally handle because the client only saw a single host.
The Cass client has a configurable load balancing policy. I was hoping ZK
had the same so I could get rid of haproxy.
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> If you can determine local clients, just limit your connection string to
> those local clients. Of course, this limits failover to local servers, but
> would be a decent workaround until there's better support in ZK.
>
> -JZ
>
> On May 1, 2013, at 6:05 PM, Owen Kim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the info.
> >
> > That feature would be useful. I can determine local nodes myself and feed
> > them into the client.
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-1698
> >

> > On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Michi Mutsuzaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> C client has zoo_deterministic_conn_order() to make the connection
> >> order deterministic. We can add a similar feature to Java client.
> >> Owen, do you want to open a JIRA for this?
> >>
> >> --Michi

> >> give

+
Kuba Lekstan 2013-05-02, 12:13