Drill, mail # dev - We need patches instead of Pull Requests...

+
Jacques Nadeau 2013-02-25, 03:54
+
Julian Hyde 2013-02-25, 19:42
+
Timothy Chen 2013-02-25, 19:45
+
Jacques Nadeau 2013-02-25, 20:28
+
Julian Hyde 2013-02-25, 20:40
+
Jacques Nadeau 2013-02-25, 21:33
Re: We need patches instead of Pull Requests...
Timothy Chen 2013-02-25, 21:39
Does reviewboard gives us better integration with Jira or github?

Tim
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Jacques Nadeau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Julian Hyde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 25, 2013, at 12:28 PM, Jacques Nadeau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Ah, the greatness of the community.
> >

> It wasn't sarcastic.  I was thinking that committers would have to close
> but we can't...  I didn't consider making the opener also do the close.
>

> > Here's an idea. If someone opens a pull request, close it immediately and
> > tell them to log a jira case. The patch URL will still work when a
> > committer gets the jira case.
> >

> The problem is committers can't close them.  If you mean the opener, then
> that would work.  If we have references in the JIRAs to the direct pull
> request pages, then dangling pull requests on the toc page are less of a
> problem.  Seems okay with me.  The only downside is that newcomers may
> think that we're behind if they see a long list of incorrectly still open
> pull requests.
>
> Other opinions?

+
Henry Saputra 2013-02-26, 19:46