Hadoop >> mail # user >> Direct HDFS access from a streaming job

Re: Direct HDFS access from a streaming job
On Mar 23, 2011, at 11:10 PM, Harsh J wrote:

> There is a C-HDFS API + library (called libhdfs) available @
> http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/libhdfs.html. Perhaps you
> can make your C++ mapper program use that?
Thanks.  Actually, I think that with reference to the passage I quoted in my first post, the unstated intent was to simply do a system() call and invoke "hadoop fs -get" or "hadoop fs -copyToLocal".

"It's a fine line between meticulous and obsessive-compulsive and a slippery
rope between obsessive-compulsive and debilitatingly slow."
                                           --  Keith Wiley