HBase, mail # user - Client receives SocketTimeoutException (CallerDisconnected on RS)

Re: Client receives SocketTimeoutException (CallerDisconnected on RS)
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-08-23, 17:40
Hi Adrien,

I would love to see the region server side of the logs while those
socket timeouts happen, also check the GC log, but one thing people
often hit while doing pure random read workloads with tons of clients
is running out of sockets because they are all stuck in CLOSE_WAIT.
You can check that by using lsof. There are other discussion on this
mailing list about it.

J-D