HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Connecting to standalone HBase from a remote client

+
matan 2012-11-26, 15:06
Re: Connecting to standalone HBase from a remote client
Yes, it's not useful to set the master address in the client. I suppose it
was different a long time ago, hence there are some traces on different
documentation.
The master references itself in ZooKeeper. So if the master finds itself to
be "locahost", ZooKeeper will contain "locahost", and the clients on
another computer won't be able to connect. The issue lies on the master
host, not the client.

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM, matan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  also don't really understand why it has to be set in the client, as
> according to the flow you describe, the client is getting all it needs to
> know from zookeeper (?).

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-11-26, 17:38
+