Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: Kafka 0.8 trial version

+
Hisham Mardam-Bey 2012-11-26, 18:13
Re: Kafka 0.8 trial version
Thanks for the release! Have it installed and running with the demo
producer/consumers.

One note for others: you need to remove your zookeeper configuration
(/opt/zookeeper/version-2 or /tmp/zookeeper/version-2) otherwise you get
tons of errors starting the brokers. Looks like the data stored in
zookeeper for 0.7.2 isn't compatible with 0.8.0.

When making code changes to my logic to work with 0,8.0 I have a few
questions:
- when using a simple consumer, what is the 'clientId' that needs to be set
in the FetchRequestBuilder?
- when building a producer, how do I pass a list of messages to the
producer.sent()? Only thing that compiled was a KeyedMessage
- what is the 'key' when building a KeyedMessage object to pass to the
producer?

Thanks,

Chris

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, Everyone,
>
> Thanks to people who contributed to the project, we have made significant
> progress in Kafka replication. Now, we'd like people to give it a try.
> Please check out revision 1411070 from
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/branches/0.8 and follow
> the following wiki.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+0.8+Quick+Start
>
> The code is expected to be stable and we are still looking into some
> performance issues with hundreds of topic/partitions. If you see any
> issues, please let us know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun

+