Hadoop, mail # user - How to load raw log file into HDFS?

Re: How to load raw log file into HDFS?
Alexander Fahlke 2012-05-14, 06:52
Hi,

the best would be to read the documentation and some books to get familar
with Hadoop.

One of my favourite books is "Hadoop in Action" from Manning (
http://www.manning.com/lam/)
This book has an exmple for putting (log)-files into HDFS. Check out the
source "listing-3-1"

Later you can also check out Cloudera's Flume:
https://github.com/cloudera/flume/wiki

--
BR

Alexander Fahlke