Hadoop >> mail # user >> How to load raw log file into HDFS?

Re: How to load raw log file into HDFS?
Hi,

the best would be to read the documentation and some books to get familar
with Hadoop.

One of my favourite books is "Hadoop in Action" from Manning (
http://www.manning.com/lam/)
This book has an exmple for putting (log)-files into HDFS. Check out the
source "listing-3-1"

Later you can also check out Cloudera's Flume:
https://github.com/cloudera/flume/wiki

--
BR

Alexander Fahlke