HBase >> mail # user >> Table in Inconsistent State; Perpetually pending region server transitions while loading lot of data into Hbase via MR

+
Ameya Kantikar 2012-11-01, 07:02
+
Ameya Kantikar 2012-11-01, 07:29
+
Cheng Su 2012-11-01, 08:19
Re: Table in Inconsistent State; Perpetually pending region server transitions while loading lot of data into Hbase via MR
Thanks Cheng. I'll try increasing my max region size limit.

However I am not clear with this math:

"Since you set the max file size to 2G, you can only store 2XN G data
into a single CF."

Why is that? My assumption is, even though single region can only be 2 GB,
I can still have hundreds of regions, and hence can store 200GB+ data in
single CF on my 10 machine cluster.

+
Cheng Su 2012-11-01, 09:16
+