Hadoop >> mail # user >> simple question : where is conf/hadoop-env.sh ?

simple question : where is conf/hadoop-env.sh ?
Hi guys : I do not see a "conf/hadoop-env.sh" file, which is required for
hadoop installation, according to standard hadoop install directions which
I find online and in the hadoop elephant book.......

Any hints on how to install a basic, hybrid mode hadoop fs on my laptop ?

I DO SEE a series of files in the templates directory... is it my
responsibility to copy these into conf/ before installing hadoop

Thanks :)

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC