Hive, mail # dev - Using indexes for predicates does not increase performance.

Using indexes for predicates does not increase performance.
Mahsa Mofidpoor 2012-05-23, 00:11
Hi,

I did a simple experiment to see the performance difference between normal
execution of a query and the index-based execution. However, the response
time in non-indexed approach is astonishingly smaller. Is it because of the
small data size or the single setup node I use?
I appreciate any help.

Mahsa

Ubuntu 10.0.4
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
RAM 4GB

Hadoop 0.20.2 (*Single setup node*)
Hive-0.9.0
table size ranges from 4MB to 100MB

hive.optimize.index.filter=true
query: select * from table1 where col1='Mark';