HBase >> mail # user >> HBase on 1 box? how big?

HBase on 1 box? how big?
Hello,

I understand running HBase on a single box is kind of
pointless (thanks Andrew Purtell for the reply about numbers of
boxes)... but I was wondering what kind of box might one need to
host/run various HBase/Hadoop processes?

Imagine I just need to have "HBase in a box", so to speak. :)

I understand it depends on the volume on data, DB structure, request rates...
I don't have those numbers, but say I want HBase to have 100M rows with
data from Apache logs and want to run the common web analytics/stats
reports on a nightly basis.

* Would an EC2 Large Instance suffice?
-- Large Instance 7.5 GB of memory, 4 EC2 Compute Units (2 virtual cores
with 2 EC2 Compute Units each), 850 GB of local instance storage, 64-bit platform

* How about EC2 Small Instance?
-- Small Instance (Default) 1.7 GB of memory, 1 EC2 Compute Unit (1 virtual core
with 1 EC2 Compute Unit), 160 GB of local instance storage, 32-bit platform

Thanks,
Otis
P.S.
hw specs from http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/#instance