Zookeeper, mail # user - Zookeeper does not clean up deleted nodes

+
Mathias Hodler 2013-04-08, 10:32
Re: Zookeeper does not clean up deleted nodes
Benjamin Reed 2013-04-08, 16:31
are you looking at the leader or the follower? the leader keeps the last
few transactions in memory to speed up syncing with new followers. that
might be what you are seeing.
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 3:32 AM, Mathias Hodler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made some tests and it seems like zookeeper doesn't clean up the last 500
> deleted nodes.
>
> In my test I created nodes and deleted each node after it was created. I
> repeated this step 1000 times and then triggered a full gc. These are the
> results
>
> Creating 1000 Nodes and deleting 1000 Nodes and each node has...
> ...1000kb data = 529MB heap used after FullGC
> ...500kb data = 281MB heap used after FullGC
> ...256kb data = 140MB heap used after FullGC
> ...128kb data =  68MB heap used after FullGC
>
> If I'm creating 1000 nodes with each 1000kb data and then deleting the
> nodes and after that creating 1000 nodes with 128kb data and deleting the
> nodes again, 68MB heap space is used.
>
> So it seems Zookeeper caches / doesn't clean up the last 500 deleted nodes.
>
> Is this a bug or are there configuration parameter to change that
> behaviour?

+
Mathias Hodler 2013-04-08, 16:40
+