 From: Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; VKing Gorri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: Capture record cound using sqoop eval

Hi VKing,
Sqoop is highly optimized tool for transferring data between relational databases and Hadoop ecosystem. It's not a general purpose querying tool. The tool "eval" stands for "evaluation" and should be used only for validating the connection status using simple queries. It should not be used in production workflows. I would suggest to use mysql utility itself for this purpose.

Jarcec