MapReduce >> mail # user >> How to change topology

+
Shinichi Yamashita 2012-10-08, 13:23
+
Steve Loughran 2012-10-09, 08:22
+
Steve Loughran 2012-10-09, 19:17
Re: How to change topology
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On 9 October 2012 16:51, Shinichi Yamashita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> Thank you for your reply.
>>

>> > no, it's the Namenode and JobTracker that needs to be restarted;
>> > they are the bits that care where the boxes are.
>>
>> I confirmed it in my cluster, and I understood it as follows.
>> First, the resolved node information is recorded in ConcurrentHashMap.
>> Next same node toplogy decision, HashMap data is given priority to over a
>> script.
>> The HashMap data become invalid by restart of NameNode and JobTracker.
>>

> That's right. There's been lots of discussion on adding live topology
> resetting.

For what it's worth, there is at least one Hadoop derived distribution
which has live topology resetting already.

I can follow up offline with anyone who wants more information.
+
Shinichi Yamashita 2012-10-10, 15:19