HDFS, mail # user - Hadoop Federation help

Re: Hadoop Federation help
Harsh J 2012-08-20, 08:51
Apache Hadoop 1.x does not have Federated NameNodes. It is however
present in the Apache Hadoop 2.x releases. NameNodes can indeed scale
with federated setups, but for faster bulk processing it is still not
a good idea to keep around tiny files when you can have them bigger.

--
Harsh J