From: Alan Miller
Sent: 5 Jul 2012 11:03:06 GMT
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: avro 1.7.0 with CDH4
I noticed that CDH4 has avro-1.5.4.jar in hadoop/lib so I modified my job so
that:

 1.  avro-1.7.0.jar and avro-tools-1.7.0.jar is contained within my jar file
in ./lib/
    (note: I submit my job via hadoop jar myjar.jar myDriver <myopts ....>)
 2.  I have also set: mapreduce.task.classpath.first=true (in
mapred-site.xml)
      to ensure the 1.7.0 jars from the lib dir in my.jar are used first
(before avro-1.5.4).

But I still get the same error.

Any ideas?

Alan