HDFS >> mail # dev >> Package Dependancy Problem building HDFS Test Suite

+
Brad Childs 2013-01-24, 23:57
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-25, 01:05
+
Brad Childs 2013-01-25, 17:30
Package Dependancy Problem building HDFS Test Suite
I'm trying to build the HDFS Test Suite per these instructions:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToUseSystemTestFramework

I've done a clean install of RHEL 6 and Fedora 16 (vm's).  Both are yum update'ed to latest.

Per the instructions, I ran these commands:

# git clone git://github.com/apache/hadoop-hdfs.git hdfs
# cd hdfs
# ant test-system -Dhadoop.conf.dir.deployed=/home/bchilds/local/hadoop-1.1.1/conf

The ant build fails complaining about missing
org.apache.hadoop.classification.* files, and then about some missing interfaces.

Here's the full build output from RHEL:

http://pastebin.com/pgU8T6WQ

Here's the build output from Fedora:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Z3aEcCiC

I have NO classpath set (if I set any classpath, even one with the hadoop-common jars, the build doesn't make it this far). And i'm using the Sun 1.6 JDK on RHEL 6 & Fedora 16  What am I missing?  Could someone else verify that the build/instructions work?  Do I need a 1.7 JDK?

Thanks,
Bradley Childs