HBase, mail # user - using HBase to read from xml files in HDFS

+
James Ram 2011-06-03, 11:50
+
Doug Meil 2011-06-03, 12:13
Re: using HBase to read from xml files in HDFS
Michel Segel 2011-06-03, 12:01
James, yes you can do it.
You need to write your own input format to split each input on a specified tag boundary.

Mike Segel

On Jun 3, 2011, at 6:50 AM, James Ram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it's possible to put xml files in hdfs and have
> hbase pull out the data in those xml files.
>
> We are thinking of a situation where the xml files will have elements
> corresponding to the columns in hbase.
> So ideally hbase should be able to pull the data corresponding to the
> columns from the xml files automatically.
>
> --
> With Regards,
> Jr.
+